Were We "Nuts" to Travel On Thanksgiving?
Those that know me well have seen me do some crazy things in the name of good fun before. To some, choosing to travel from SoCal to the Chicagoland the day before Thanksgiving, the busiest travel day of the year, may have suggested a lapse in judgment, but you tell me if you think I was "Nuts". Read on....
This year especially, Thanksgiving became an occasion of true THANKS-GIVING. We were blessed to:
- Have stayed with a cousin who I had always been close to, but our time together this year brought us even closer. We laughed until we cried, we remembered good times and some sad times. We dug up family history to share that neither of us had ever known.
- Have attended two family and neighborhood receptions (both sides of the family) where we rekindled friendships with some not seen for over 40 years.
- Saw more distant family from many miles around (one wonderful 92 year old who has been using FaceBook on her new iPad), some not seen since my childhood.
- Spend a lot of time with my brother-in-law fighting multiple cancers, and yet that time was good and fun. Everyone was better off for that time together. We met a wonderful family that has been so supportive of this brother while the miles have separated us.
- See amazing changes in the "old home town" - and that was good to see.
- We were there when we needed to be.
We are thankful that we could go and the travel was just a part of the giving.
Did you like what you Read?
It's All About YOU! Brad Rachielles, REALTOR, CDPE, GREEN, Upland, CA.
Brad Rachielles, REALTOR, CDPE, GREEN
Helping Inland Empire Buyers and Sellers with their Real Estate needs in the Communities of: Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Claremont, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona and La Verne, CA.
Call Me at 909-816-7333
Web Page: http://www.BradRachielles.com