Before You Move - PREPARE
Moving is something most people know will happen well in advance. You have been promoted and need to relocate or you are in escrow and things are sailing along beautifully. You are all hyped over the prospects of your new home. You picture yourself sitting by the fireplace with a hot cup of your favorite drink in your new home.... but now is the time for a reality check.
YOU WILL BE MOVING!
Count yourself lucky if you have a mover coming with all of the boxes and able bodied movers to do the packing and heavy lifting. If not, heed this advice from one who has been there - done that many times in a past industrial career. The map omits two cross town moves.
You are in for a lot of work.... and you should realize that the more you have to move, the more work a move will be. Even with professional help, you are likely to be handling every little chachke at the destination end, if for no other reason than to know where everything gets put when it comes out of the boxes. If you ALSO are the one to pack each item prior to the move please consider this:
Just move the Good Stuff!
Now is the time to lighten the load.
- If you have moved before and have a box with several mover inventory stickers, do you really need that stuff? You haven't even opened the box from the last move.
- If you haven't used something in five years, is it really important?
- Have you saved a part of something and no longer remember where it goes?
- Have you changed wall colors twice, but still have remnants of the first color in cans in the garage?
- Did you used to love camping but haven't used that "old tech" equipment in years?
- Still got that very first computer stored somewhere.... or a dot matrix printer?
Maybe you should Donate It - Sell It - Junk It!
Be realistic. If you move it, will you use it... really? Good Will can use the old clothes you have not worn in eons. Maybe a school would love your serviceable computer. Maybe a garage sale could find new homes for those old books you'll never revisit. Finally... you know what to do with that old wall paper... Junk it!
So, Before You Move - Prepare, and I'll guarantee the move will be much better.
Did you like what you Read?
It's All About YOU! Brad Rachielles, REALTOR, Upland, CA
Brad Rachielles, REALTOR. Helping Inland Empire Buyers and Sellers with their Real Estate needs in the Communities of: Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Claremont, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona and La Verne, CA.
Web Page: http://www.BradRachielles.com