"Outside Service Providers" - A Perspective.
Have you ever had a cold, a toothache and a buyer client with Short Sale Anxiety all in the same day... and then get a slap in the face as a REALTOR(R) that is undeserved?
This morning, I read a real estate post by Alan May (an AR Blogger that I respect and appreciate - link below) telling of a long time friend who suggested that REALTOR(R)S are in "cahoots" with recommended home inspectors to grease the skids for an easy closing. Alan's post was masterful and revealed that his friend clearly did not understand inspectors, REALTOR(R)S or the process very well. Could it be that others also don't understand the process and the possible problems that could arise by recommending less than the best outside service for inspections, construction, termite, roofing, plumbing, electrical or other services?
Here are the FACTS...
- REALTOR(R)S WANT clients to be successful and happy in their transactions. We can not survive with bad press or unhappy customers.
- REALTOR(R)S that recommend contractors or services that are not up to the task stand a very good chance of being a party to a law suit resulting from bad performance by fly-by-night contractors who are unlicensed, uninsured properly or don't maintain professional standards (often not members of professional trade organizations) etc.
- REALTOR(R)S in "Cahoots" with contractors stand to loose their licenses and more if fraud is shown.
As for me and my Broker.... and every REALTOR that I know.....
We Don't Do Things Like That Around Here!
We subscribe to, abide by and are signers of the National Association of REALTOR(R)S Code of Ethics. This is a BIG DEAL and not taken lightly.
In our company, all contractors that we recommend have been fully vetted:
- Licensing (where businesses are licensed) is checked
- Workmans Comp and liability insurances are checked.
- Trade affiliations are checked.
- References are checked.
- All are known by our agents to have performed well in the past for clients and are recommended by our many agents for investigation.
- Our Broker will not support an agent in a law suit resulting from a recommendation of services or contractor that has not been checked by our company and is still recommended by our agents. That is strong stuff.
Certainly, clients are free to choose their own service provider, so I have found the following video to help...
... but PLEASE CHECK-Em-OUT before you too end up with a pain similar to my toothache.... but in another body part.
This has been MY Perspective on
"Outside Service Providers"
What Say You?
Alan May's Post Link - You're Not The "Average" REALTOR(R)
Did you like what you Read?
It's All About YOU! Brad Rachielles, REALTOR, Upland, CA
Brad Rachielles, REALTOR. Helping Inland Empire Buyers and Sellers with their Real Estate needs in the Communities of: Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Claremont, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona and La Verne, CA.
Web Page: http://www.BradRachielles.com