It's A Sellers Market - SHOULD YOU SELL YOUR HOME YOURSELF?
By: Brad Rachielles.
It's no secret. The market has changes. It's a SELLER'S MARKET!
Certainly, some are thinking that they can save the commission by doing it themselves. After all, there are many stories about getting multiple offers, going under contract in just days and full priced closings. How hard can it be?
Actually, now may be a very bad time not to be represented in a transaction. Consider....
- A huge source of buyers are INVESTORS. They know the market well, are tough negotiators, often are represented by a Realtor, and are great at taking financial advantage of every flaw in your property.
- Buyers know that Owner/Sellers are not paying commissions so they expect the pricing to be lower. There goes the increased returns you thought you were going to make.
- Determining the correct market value is a MAJOR difference between a home selling or languishing on the market.... getting stale. Are sellers in tune with the changing market well enough to do this critical job? Mess it up and multiple offers and fast sales are just a dream turned nightmare.
- Will you be paying the buyer's agent's commission, or is this another expense that you will expect the buyer to bear?
- Are you current on the statutory requirements of the transaction? What about title insurance, pest inspections and repairs, the escrow process and service providers? What about all of the documents?
- Finally, what about marketing your home? Are you prepared for the expense? Can you write and place ads that will bring in buyers? Will you also handle staging and showings yourself?
It's A Sellers Market - SHOULD YOU SELL YOUR HOME YOURSELF? There are REASONS why so few choose to sell their home themselves. This is far from being like a yard sale.
Did you like what you Read?
It's All About YOU! Brad Rachielles, REALTOR, Upland, CA
Brad Rachielles, REALTOR. Helping Inland Empire Buyers and Sellers with their Real Estate needs in the Communities of: Upland, Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana, Claremont, Ontario, Chino, Chino Hills, Pomona and La Verne, CA.
Web Page: http://www.BradRachielles.com